As part of an initiative to help new and very young businesses succeed in what is a very harsh economic time, Lawson Marketing Consultancy has announced today the introduction of a fund to help pay towards the costs of attending two of its marketing training courses, due to be held in Cambridge during November.
The training courses Successful Promotional Campaigns and Marketing Planning have been specifically designed to help businesses plan and spend their time and resources effectively.
“The vast majority of companies do not properly understand the importance of Marketing in setting the business agenda, most see Marketing as merely a sales tool”, said David Lawson, Managing Director of Lawson Marketing.
“Very few companies take the time to plan and configure marketing strategies that align with their corporate objectives and as a result they end up spending money on promotions that just don’t work. These two courses are excellent and designed to make sure new businesses start off on the right track.”
The normal price for each course is £300 (+VAT); however, Lawson Marketing will be funding half these costs for a limited number of delegates on a first-come-first-served basis.
About the courses
Courses take place at Cambridge Football Association, Impington and cost £149 (+VAT) each per delegate. Courses are fun and interactive, provide course materials to take away, last a full day and include lunch. Certificates of attendance will also be supplied and the course attendance can count toward CPD for those studying for accreditation with CIM.
Marketing planning: November 23rd
Basic course outline
- Marketing defined
- The marketing mix
- Using a SWOT analysis
- Competition analysis
- Market research
- Using a PESTLE analysis
- What is a marketing plan?
- Budget management
- Writing the plan
- The promotional mix, budgets and return on investment
- How to schedule activities and monitor progress and measure results
Successful Promotional Campaigns: November 2nd
Basic course outline
- Different types of promotion
- What is a campaign?
- Corporate communications strategy and marketing strategy
- Market analysis, segmentation and targeting
- Defining campaign aims and setting SMART objectives
- E-marketing tools: maximising the benefits of your website, effective e-newsletters and email shots, online advertising and click-through rates, RSS feeds and viral marketing
- Direct mail: brochures, flyers, letters, list testing
- Conferences and events
- Point of sale and promotional material
- Other elements of promotional mix
- How to integrate elements into an effective campaign
- Timing, budget and review of ROI
- Delegate action plan
About Lawson Marketing
Lawson Marketing Consultancy, based at St John’s Innovation Centre in Cambridge, has some twenty years’ experience of the publishing and information services industries. As well as training in marketing, it offers help with conferences and exhibitions, expert market research services, and qualified, experienced advice on all marketing issues including private consultancy and audit.
Anyone interested in attending one of the part-funded courses can email: email@example.com
or call: 01223 441117